1.23.2020

January 22, 2020

White Dog has tried to explain to Tizenegy that the process from Steve's arrival home from work to momma handing out treats in the living room is not instantaneous. She has listed the steps just to get dad INTO the bedroom to assist my travel to the momma chair.

"Sweet brother," she shouted to be heard over his compulsive excited anticipatory barking, "Dad must greet each of us. He must take off his jacket. Then he helps you out to potty. Then he changes into house clothes. He moves momma's computer to make room for the wheelchair to be set up. He sets up the chair and momma gets settled. You know this part because you follow her and bark the entire time. Then they wheel to the living room. Momma walks over to the momma chair and sits down.

"NOW it is treat time. Do you understand this takes a few minutes?" White Dog concluded.

 "I am motivating momma to keep a steady pace," he responded. "I call it my momma victory song. I think she appreciates the encouragement."

I cupped Tiz's face in my hands. "Your barking is loud and too insistent, it distracts the concentration I need," I said carefully. "You would be a better motivator if you waited patiently until I sat in the chair and then gave a single congratulatory yip." WD finished, "And the duck jerky would be like a celebration reward."

"I guess I could try that," Tiz considered. "After all, I can still sing the song to motivate Dad to make dinner."

No comments: