7.24.2020

July 24, 2020

White Dog called her sister. "Bella, the brown truck just delivered a gigantic box for you. Did you order a new car? That is how big it is."

Bella can zooming out to the sun porch. "Hooray! It is my Queen Gertrude costume for Hamlet. Dad can help me into it and we will model the King and Queen before we begin rehearsal."

Bella had asked Bailey to be sure the cast was all seated so they could watch Bella's grand entrance and unveiling of the long awaited dress. The lights were dimmed and Tizenegy held a flashlight as a spotlight on the door. There was a mechanical humming...the door opened...and gasps filled the room.

A six foot tall Bella rolled gracefully into the room.
"Oh.My.Dog!" White Dog muttered. "This is amazing! How? I mean why? I mean who?"

Bella beamed with the success of her surprise. "I felt my character is strong and ambitious. She is a larger than life villainess. She is a murderer. So I felt my outfit needed to be bold and over the top. But I am a little girl so I need mechanical help to loom...and zoom with power."

She lifted her skirts to reveal a Segway machine upon whose platform her delicate little feet were strapped in place. Her front paws gripped the handle bars to control the vehicle.

"Now, I am as tall as dad, King Claudius, and I far outshine him. And in scenes when I am on the throne, we can just arrange my skirts all around me as I sit on the cushion. The hands that are part of the costume have rods like puppeteers use so I can raise my arm or drink from the poisoned chalice."

White Dog walked past me shaking her head. "It IS a showstopper," I commented. "Thank goodness we don't have to shout 'long live the queen' Bella would seriously hurt herself if she had to ride around like that every day." WD laughed. "And imagine her trying to curl up under your desk."

1 comment:

Judith said...

Wonderful and so imaginative. I want to see the WDA Hamlet play, wuff wuff!