9.28.2020

August 28, 2020

 

White Dog and the rest of the White Dog Army rushed in at the sound of Opal's warning, "Don't Eat THAT, momma! It will make you sick!

"

She insisted that I put down the ham sandwich immediately. "Don't eat it," she repeated and the Army surged forward. "It smells off." I sniffed; it smelled like ham. 

I looked at them all. "If this is a ruse to get me to give you all this sandwich..." Opal was insistent. "Go ahead but only take a little bite; you will see. My nose is 100,000 times more sensitive than yours. But find out for yourself."

White Dog moved to calm Opal. "Let her find out the hard way," she said to her sister. "Humans can be so darn stubborn."

The second I started chewing the bite a metallic sour taste told me Opal was right. I called Steve to join us.

"Those were the last couple of pieces from two weeks ago; they smelled all right to me. I am sorry," he apologized.  "No need to feel bad I could not smell it either. Please could I have the turkey you bought at the deli yesterday? plus a couple of extra slices to share with my lifesavers?" 



No comments: