3.01.2021

February 28, 2021

White Dog and I long ago agreed that she could pick and choose her meals combining what was in her bowl with bites from the human plates. We did this in consultation with Dr. Julia who has watched Our Girl become pickier the older she gets. "It is better that she eats than to insist on dog choices that she won't," our healer said. "You and Steve eat healthy nutritious meals so if she wants Steve's chicken and some vanilla ice cream. It is ok. The point is that she not LOSE weight; she is so thin already."  

When I took The Little White Dog of My Heart into my arms tonight to hold her while Steve tried to coax her into a few bites of cheesecake, I felt ribs. She refused the creamy goodness, as she had dinner. So we went to what is a never fail...ice cream. She DID eat about a quarter cup of that.

The rest of the Army did not need coaxing to share bites of WD's unwanted cheesecake and are keeping close watch over their sister.

"Sweet Girl," I begged, "if you are not eating I must call Dr. Julia and take you to see her. You know I worry about your weight and senior lady health. And you know that I always fear your pancreatic cyst is filling up. If you had just skipped dinner I would not be so worried but the past few days your appetite has tapered off. I love you and want you to be healthy and happy for a long time more."

When White Dog sniffed at breakfast and turned her head on Monday, I called our vet. Jackie made room in the schedule for Dr. Julia to see White Dog Tuesday afternoon for an exam, an ultrasound, and whatever else might be needed. "Keep trying different foods across the day," Jackie advised, "but don't stress her out. Be sure she keeps drinking water at least."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My hyper imaginative imagination now is making White dog look very slim and a bit too svelte.

We will keep the prayer chain chugging along and hope for good news.


Teka says try so e pasta with butter and salt or maybe some Pastina and egg, one of Teka’s favorites.

Sweet blessings on their way



Ll