6.22.2021

June 21, 2021

White Dog decided on a short nap after we finished today's subq drip; it was cool in the bedroom and she and I could curl up together to watch the leaves outside dance in the late afternoon, first day of summer sun. "That looks like a lovely idea. A nice short snooze under the breezes. I think I will go put my feet up on the couch," Steve said. 

A short while later, refreshed, we all gathered in the living room. "I want to share something special," Steve told us all. Roman sat calmly watching him. "When I came out here to nap, Roman was sprawled out on half the sofa. I asked if he would share with a tired dad, thinking he would stretch out further or just ignore me. I was surprised when he pulled in his legs so that I could take up the space around him. When I got settled, he put is head back down and we rested in the best spot under the cool breezes together."

The rest of us looked at Roman and cheered. "Buddy," I said to him, "that was awesomely social to let dad share your space. AND to let him put his legs in front of you so you were sort of  surrounded was VERY trusting. We are all so proud of you and celebrate another step of progress. You get an extra treat for that." 

And I delivered our congratulations in the WDA's most recognizeable way...I opened the duck jerky bag.



1 comment:

24 Paws of Love said...

THat was so beautiful. Way to go Roman!