9.12.2021

September 12, 2021

White Dog whispered to Steve, "Wow! Momma is hopping mad; maybe we all ought to give her some space and lay low." 

"You know I can hear you," I said. "and I am in need of some space from ALL of you right now..."

"But what about treats?" Opal asked, eyes wide.

"I think treats for this afternoon have been cancelled."

"Cancelled? But why?" was the moan that went up.

"Hmmm, maybe it was you, Opal, being ten feet from the dog door, turning to look at it, hearing me say you better go out...and then squatting and staining the carpet. Maybe it was you, Bailey, who compounded dad's mistake of leaving White Dog's bowl full of baby food on the edge of the desk by knocking it to the floor and making a big slurpy mess. Maybe it was you, Zsofia and you, Roman, who didn't take your noisy barking game of chase outside and knocked the glass top off of the coffee table. Or, I finished, maybe it was you, White Dog, crying piteously because dad left your side to help me transfer. So yes, give me some time alone to breathe deeply and unclench my hands and let this be a lesson in "Things NOT to Do if Treats are Desired."

What? Is it something we did?

 

1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

We guess even the most loving families have those days. IN the end, though, we know there is always love with the WDA. Here's wishing you a better day, filled with all happy things.