12.10.2021

December 9, 2021

White Dog called together the White Dog Army. "Our story is one of providing sanctuary and new beginnings for those who knock on our door," she began. "I want us to consider opening our door, our arms, and our hearts again. The Universe is calling on us."

"Whoa," I said. "what about your health...and mine...and Roman's PTSD? How will that work?"

"Momma, we have never had a plan or any clue how personalities fit together; we have made it work. Every time a new recruit joins us we draw on what we have learned getting to this moment and while it is often not easy I think we can...and should...do this."

I put my hand against Roman's cheek. "Buddy, you have made such amazing progress that you are my main concern. I know Bella when the dementia was bad triggered you. You worked very hard and we helped by providing means of separation but there were still times that were difficult. Adding a new traumatized member to the family will require you above all the others to trust me enough to be your partner. I don't know any more about her other than she has health issues and life has not been a cakewalk; she is in pretty ugly shape. But time and love could work miracles. But not at the cost of you, Roman. Tell me what you think."

"I am scared, momma. What you are asking is a big step and once we say yes we cannot change our minds. But you were all here for me, even after my violence and damage. You all were patient and when I got overwhelming my siblings just gave me space to be apart and rebalance. I have learned much. I know it will test me and I may need you to steer me clear but I think we should do this. Maybe it is the Universe's way of telling me to show the brain and the heart that you all helped me discover."

White Dog beamed at her brother. "Roman, did you just hear yourself? You are amazing and have a clear idea of what we will be undertaking. And you are right, it won't be easy, but momma has hope enough and love enough to carry us all through change...and dad is always there for us no matter what."

Zsofia tossed her head in the affirmative. "If Roman votes yes, then so do I. I have lived a life of privilege but have heard the stories from my siblings of how bad things can be; I know they never talk about the worst parts. Just from the photo, this little girl needs us."

Bailey stretched out across my feet. "We need to trust our hearts.  I say Yes."

"Maybe I can be her special friend that helps her adapt," Opal responded. "I am sure she would appreciate someone who understands and shares the stuff she doesn't know about our life."

And that is how the White Dog Army came to add a Diva to our ranks. "Momma, be sure to tell everyone that under all that is a beautiful soul just waiting. Aspen is coming over on Sunday to groom her and we will post true welcome photos and celebrate then," White Dog said.

 

2 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Welcome little sweetie, the love you will receive now with be neverending!

meowmeowmans said...

Well done, Roman and all of the WDA. We love you all.

Welcome, Diva. You just found the safest, most loving home ever. XO