1.15.2022

January 15, 2022

I don't know what I was thinking at the time I ordered it. The runner seemed fiesta happy in dog-friendly colors that would hide coffee club slurps, things dragged in from dog knows where, muddy pawprints and dropped crumbs. It was slightly shaggy which I figured would be comfortable for WDA naps. And the two biggies: it was the right size to fit the tightly locked space AND it was beyond a bargain.

It arrived today in that unreasonable morning timeframe so Steve and the Army took it upon themselves to unpackage the rug and roll it out so that the curve from shipping would relax. They planned to surprise me when I first stirred in the bedroom.
Opal was soundly demonstrating the high napability factor when I swung my legs down. "It IS bright and cheery in a deranged way," I admitted. "Thank goodness we are not about 'matching' decor," Steve laughed. "Give it a chance," he said, "I have lived with it a few hours now and it becomes less of a shock to that grey and white toned Architecture Digest part of your brain."

"We call it Brave...Bold...Refreshing!" Zsofia offered. "And VERY soft," Opal opened her eyes and stretched. Roman suspiciously sniffed. Bailey slowly lowered herself from the bed to the rug, pausing between front paws touching down and the back. "It is not so different from the old grey fishy one," she said. "And that one was showing its 7,016 post coffee club shampoos. Let's keep it!"

"Well, if no one wants it here in the bedroom, Dad can put it in the office by MY bed," Diva volunteered. Zso cleared her throat. "Little One, it will stay where it is. It is an excellent landing strip for treat time."
 


2 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Well, we say if it passes the softness and napability tests, all is good. :)

Gus Dagger said...

And I like it, but my conservative best friend might miss a few heartbeats about how “bright “ it is.