12.03.2022

December 3, 2022

Um, dad, how did this happen?

As I walked in the door there erupted a chorus of "Dad, I didn't do it!" "It wasn't me!". I gently greeted the group with "Thanks, Diva, Roman, Zsofia and Lilly. Exactly what didn't you do?" Everyone went silent. I meandered through the house in an attempt to discover why everyone was so distressed. In the office, there was an empty box that had once held a laptop, which was being saved for a reason no longer remembered, along with Bailey gently chewing something. 

"Bailey," I quietly asked, "what's wrong?" "Oh, dad, I just couldn't help myself. I'm still feeling tired and angry and sad. It's a rainy day, and they always make me downcast. There was this old box, and it just needed to be shredded." "That's okay, sweet girl. that box wasn't needed anymore, and you can shred it up. Would it be okay if I joined you? Into each life some rain must fall." "Sure, dad. Maybe it will make you feel better, too."

My Baby girl




 

1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

Love and understanding are two of the things we love most about the WDA. Love to you all.