4.10.2023

April 9, 2023

 


Bailey was sitting all comfy and cozy this afternoon when I said to her quietly, "Who wants to go for a ride?" Bailey is a delightfully unsuspicious girl who made her way gradually to the door so as to not incite the other girls. I placed the harness on her back and snapped on the leash and we made our way to the car. All the other dogs were now on high alert as Bailey made her way into the car. 

As we pulled out of the driveway, I asked her where she thought we were going. "Well, dad, I think we're going for ice cream. Am I right?" Well, lovely lady, where we are going, you will have many treats. How does that sound?" She settled into the back seat and smiled contentedly. She was not quite so happy when I brought her to our favorite pet food store to have a bath. I did ply her with treats to keep her happy, though.
I apologized to the bath attendant about what a mess we made in the dog bath as we finished our scrubbing and brushing and blow drying. She said that the mess we made was not the worst she had seen by far. Bailey was quite beautiful afterward as she observed all the hair that she left behind.





1 comment: