9.13.2026

September 5, 2026

Labor Day weekend included some trauma in the household. I found an ad on Facebook Marketplace for a woman who trims dog nails. I made a casual inquiry to see if she would be interested in some nail "adjustment" for our six girls. She responded and said that she would love to come by and get some trimming done and could be at the house by 3:00. She arrived right on time and, within 15 minutes, all of the dog nails were shortened that I was previously unable to trim thanks to uncooperative attitudes. Sue and I were once a good team and managed to keep long nails in check, but we also had mainly small eskies. Our intrepid nail trimmer will return in about a month to continue the process. The dogs, once the deed was accomplished, seemed greatful to be able to walk without clicking sounds announcing their arrival and settled in for an afternoon nap before dinner.

Clara (foreground) and Shayna

Bailey and Lilly


No comments: