7.29.2009

July 28, 2009

White Dog came back from the Park this morning a little subdued and she immediately crawled under the chair. "What's with White Dog?" I asked when Steve came into the room. "She's mad at me because I yelled at her," he replied. The reason it turned out was legitimate and I called her up to the bed to reinforce Steve's lesson. "When you are off-leash, White Dog, it is important that you stay within sight of dad. It is unsafe when you wander off so far--he cannot protect you from aggressive dogs or people with bad intentions. When he calls you, you must return to his side immediately even if you are having fun playing or sniffing good smells." "But nothing happened she whined, everything was fine!" "That was this time," Steve said. "Nonetheless," I added, " if you cannot follow the rules you will have to stay on your leash!" White Dog looked at me and tried being adorable, then she realized we both were very serious. "You think about this," I said as I hugged her with love.

4 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

We are furry furry and sensitive too!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Oh dear White dog, you must listen to your mum and dad. They know best to keep you safe..

Hugs GJ xx

Teddy Bear said...

Tough love. That's what my parents say, tough love.

Love,
Teddy Bear

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Oh Siku. You are very loved, and that is why mom and dad were so concerned. Maybe, though, if you put on the pitiful look, you might get a treat!! Works for me!!!

Love,
Prinnie