9.25.2009

September 24, 2009

White Dog is constantly refining her treat-getting tactics. First, it was doing tricks for rewards. Then she discovered trading; next she learned to "speak" for what she wanted. Last week she discovered extortion by blocking the view of the TV. With each innovation we were amazed and amused and she was rewarded...but going with "tried and true" is often no challenge for White Dog so she "pushes the envelope." Last night she scored big and had Steve and I in laughter tears by creating a combo request: She sat pretty and blocked my view of the movie; once she had my attention she looked pointedly at the treat bag on the headboard. White Dog then "asked" for a treat which brought the unopened bag into Steve's hands but he suggested she get a trade. White Dog was comfy and had another idea...she asked again and this time tapped the bag to make sure Steve got the message. Score! Once she knew it worked, they played "ask and tap the bag" for about 12 more treats, White Dog inching forward until she was able to nose the opening. When Steve closed the Ziploc White Dog put her paw across Steve's arm to stop him; she wasn't sated yet. Though still laughing dad said "Enough treats!" so she looked at me (I shrugged). White Dog sighed and went outside. What's next?

4 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I know but I'm not telling!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Just let me know when woo get khloser to Pawsylvania - I'll start looking fur your vehikhle!

Teddy Bear said...

Oh, Siku you are so smart! I hope you keep your Mommy and Daddy entertained again tonight and get lots more treats. When I need more treats, I go into the kitchen and sit against the cabinet and look up high to where the treats are to let Mommy and Daddy know that I'm ready to start entertaining!

Love,
Teddy Bear

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Siku - you are incredible. Now I know where Prinnie is getting her feistiness from! Soon enough you'll be grabbing the car keys and throwing dad over to the passenger side!!! :)

Hansel said...

Siku, you are brilliant! isis always does the tap thing when she wants something. She will hit you hard, with her feet, or her nose, like 'umm... hello!'

Also, if you tell her to shuush, because her bark is EAR PIERCING, she will walk over to you, and swat you with her paw!