3.12.2010

March 12, 2010

White Dog was surprised and delighted when Steve walked in the door at his usual time instead of his Friday late class time (school is on semester break)! I finished up what I was doing and went to join the family for a pre-dinner group cuddle but no one was to be found. I went looking and found them all sitting in the dark in the bedroom talking softly. Conversation stopped when I turned on the light and all three (White Dog, Steve, and Quinn) looked a little guilty. "What's going on," I asked? "Oh nothing, just hanging out" Steve replied and was backed up by two of the most innocent pairs of Eskie eyes imaginable. At that, Michael joined the group and all four exchanged wink and nod glances. "Let's go have dinner," Steve announced a little too brightly and as they passed into the living room I heard the word "birthday" mentioned. White Dog woofed a "quiet!" warning. I am pretty sure I accidentally interrupted a strategic planning session for my upcoming 53rd...so I smiled to myself and didn't press.

7 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo will need to make a bit more noise before entering rooms!

KHOUGH KHOUGH!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

LOL dont you just love the innocent " nothing " eyes.. I am sure they are planning something good.. Hugs GJ xx

Teddy Bear said...

Did Mom walk in on the pawty planning? Woohoo, a pawty means yummy food!:)

Love,
Teddy Bear

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Pretty tough to keep a secret from the lady of the house, isn't it? We just know they have something grand planned.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Sagira said...

Did I hear party???? Oh goody!

Casper said...

oh wow a party! you guys have to be sneakier about the planning. hehe!

thanks siku and quinn! mommie took me to the post office today and i got the treats you sent. they are so delicious. i want to eat them all!!! i love the little smiley designs on your Siku Smiles. what fun!

TwoSpecialWires said...

Wise moma! Surprises are the BEST!

Looking forward to reading further ... as we catch up,
jake and Fergi xxoo