10.14.2010

October 14, 2010

White Dog greeted Gordon in less than her usually effusive way. She heard us discussing a project that he had which needed a 3D model and knew what that meant...mom tied to the computer for days on end! WD hates when I undertake a job and is quite ingenious when devising ways to distract me.

She becomes a cuddlebug; she tempts me with her favorite toys; she brings trades for treats until she is so full that she spits out the treat for her brother to enjoy. White Dog is not above soliciting the help of The Other White Dog to stand on the Other Side of me as I try to keyboard (an impossible task when both hands are engaged in petting a demanding Eskie).

When all else fails, White Dog lays in the hallway, head resting on praying paws, soulfully sad eyes staring holes into my heart, and wistfully sighs. This causes TOWD to come, agitated, to nudge my side and plead for me to make WD happy again.

To avoid this I find myself waiting...and watching...for the post breakfast naps...and afternoon sunning sessions...so I can sneak, guiltily, into the office and work.

9 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I do the guilty in the hallway outide the bedroom thing on Mom!

Here's to a great Friday!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Teddy Bear said...

We hope your Mom's work finishes quickly.:)

Love,
Teddy Bear

Suka said...

hey Siku Marie and Quinn,

You are Masters! I play bow to you both! Your mom seems mighty strong to withstand your masterful ways of manipulation, but you do eventually break her and that draws much praise from me!

Glad your mom got a job! Good luck to her in completing it! :->

Suka

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yep, once you get wrapped around the paws it is important to keep you that way. Have a great weekend!!!

Jacqueline said...

Sounds like Siku and Quinn have teamed up together to keep their parents in line!...So sweet how persuading they can be with those nudges and sad eyes; it's tough getting anything else done when the other choice is loving on your adorable baby!(and they know it!)...Happy Friday, lovely friends...kisses...J, Calle, Halle, Sukki

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh wow they are so good at the guilt trip - that is probably one this you with that White Dog wasn't teaching TOWD! Good luck with getting the work done - and hey, remind them that work=money=treats!

Kari in Alaska said...

I think most dogs are born with the ability to guilt trip us


Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Sagira said...

Hope that your mom gets to finish up all the work without feeling too guilty.

Remington said...

Teaming up works the best!