White Dog and The Other White Dog have already learned much about their new sister, Another White Dog. On just this first day, they discovered:
- She really likes having a blog moniker and acronym, AWD (especially since Steve told her that those letters also stand for All Wheel Drive;
- That Nuka is even a bigger chowhound than Quinn. In fact she caught him snoozing (actually begging while he still had food in his bowl) and dove in to finish his dinner while he was distracted;
- Despite TOWD's patient repeated demonstrations, AWD doesn't fully understand the way the dog door works. She likes going in and out IF you hold open the flap; but she is not yet brave enough to push through;
- Poor deaf Nuka misses out on the joy of the mailman alert. She simply slept through White Dog's call to action as well as the chorus of woofs and barks sung by WD and her brother as the mail was delivered;
- Nuka likes pumpkin custard. Does not care for stringed beans. LOVES salmon treats.
- This weekend we are going to need to buy the naked girl a coat. With no fur, she shivers in the cold and was mistaken for a Chinese Crested! (This last greatly embarrassed White Dog).
- She is trying very hard to be brave and trusting. And WD and TOWD are being very encouraging. Oddly, WD seems more willing to cut her new sister slack for her floundering than she still is of Quinn's goofy dog door zoomies.
And so the adventure starts...