6.11.2012

June10, 2012

White Dog peered over the foot of the bed and then slowly, quietly crawled up to the pillows and gently tapped me on the face. As I opened my eyes she breathed a barely audible whine and indicated the floor by our feet. I started to swing my legs down but she stopped me, miming that I should stay on the bed and look down. I followed her lead and hugged her, then jiggled Steve to wake him so he, too, could see.

There, sleeping side-by-side, touching even, were Quinn and YoYoMa, completely at peace. An early Sunday morning miracle.

The two boys who have done an awesome job of setting up a contract between each other to get along, mostly rely on avoiding confrontation. When one moves across a room, the other cautiously moves aside and avoids eye contact. They each seem to understand the other's limitations due to disability but compassionate respect is not the same as safety and friendship. In fact, last night before bed a verbal threatening argument ensued when Quinn accidentally stepped on the already sleeping YoYoMa. Things did not escalate but there was no kiss-and-makeup either...

or maybe there was.

8 comments:

Sally Ann and Andy said...

I love your new header. Very cool!Also, I think it is great that your brothers are getting along better. If I were there, I don't know if I would be getting along that well. I am quite attachted to Mommy, sissie, and you. I might be very protective of you, and it might look like I'm not acting as a gentle dog should. Did Yo Yo give you his spa package that he decided not to use? Or, did he decide to get some massages or nails done there? Sally Ann wanted me to ask that. I said it was a girlie thing, but oh well.
Andy

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yes, your header is so cool! Love that peaceful togetherness!!!

Hey, if you get a change please visit this blog and help them to not be discouraged.

http://www.molliesdogtreats.co.uk/

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oops, their blog that is:
http://www.molliesdogtreats.co.uk/blog/

Random Felines said...

awwww - we love a little covert getting along. :) and the new header is awesome!!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Super duper new look - we love it. That header is awesome.

That must have been so heartwarming to see.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Dachshund Nola said...

LOVE the header!!!
Nola

Jo's World said...

Your new header is lovely and great! As one who has a little trouble figuring out just who is who, the header will be a help.

May peace remain with YoyoMa and Nuka.

Cheers,
Jo, Stella and Zkhat

Kari in Alaska said...

Oh I just love the layout

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://www.dogisgodinreverse.com