12.29.2014

December 28, 2014

White Dog and Steve were equally excited when the tiny live tree they had ordered to surprise me arrived on Saturday. It was supposed to be here on Christmas Eve, but...

It is a cute little evergreen that we will enjoy for the holidays then move to the protected sunporch and in Spring will plant in the yard. I loved the idea of a living tree and the size was perfect.

Except there was a problem, Sachi seemed to think that the tree was a personal man pup marking station. The first time I walked past the corner on the floor where we had placed it and noticed a wet spot, I thought that Steve had just been a bit sloppy in watering. But the second time I looked up at WD's angry bark to see the Little Man lifting his leg on the cute little wooden ornaments.
"No!!!" I added to White Dog's shout.
So then we moved it up to the coffee table. The Sachi problem was solved. But suddenly Zsofia discovered the soft needles and became fascinated with rubbing her nose against the tree...sometimes pushing right off the tabletop. When she tried to move it back, the baby discovered those needles were also VERY tasty. I snatched the tree up and sat cradling it in my arms.

White Dog, on my shoulder, growled "keep away" protection and YoYoMa moved to sit in front of me blocking access. Steve and I looked around the room and pondered just where a the little tree might have its best chance at living long enough to put down roots...

2 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Oh my goodness. It sounds like that little tree is going to be REALLY popular in your house. ;)

Random Felines said...

shelves - the solutions to many things :)