8.26.2015

August 26, 2015

White Dog saw the tray of turkey burgers and her eyes lit up. She counted them quickly and wagged her tail. "The White Dog Army is getting special burgers for dinner?" she did not so much ask but confirmed. "What is the occasion? "

"Happy National Dog Day!" I told her. "It is the world's holiday to celebrate all the great things dogs do for us and to promote adoption. Since the White Dog Army does so much and most of you are adopted, it seemed a fiesta was in order."

The members of the WDA each brings unique character and gifts to our pack. Combined, we can face any challenge, weather any storm, conquer any obstacle. They keep us humans safe, sane, and loved.

Thank you White Ones. I am blessed beyond measure to have such an amazing pack.
White Dog and Bella make important shopping decisions
Bella guarantees that I get fresh air and Vitamin D
Zsofia and Sachi supervise Steve's grooming of Nilla
Nilla points out that it is PAST breakfast time.
YoYoMa, Nilla and Zso are my coffee club taste testers to make sure not much coffee has gotten mixed with my cream.
Puff, my proofreader
Ferguson and Sachi are Team 2 to exercise Steve before bed

2 comments:

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Have a wonderful National Dog Day!
Enjoy those turkey burgers!
love
tweedles

Random Felines said...

sounds like a grand celebration for National Dog Day :)