9.17.2017

September 17, 2017

White Dog listened to my plan and agreed it would certainly ease Stormer's difficulty getting up and down. Our house has beautiful old hardwood floors that are proving to be slippery for our arthritic old man, especially when he tries to rise from lying.

Areas between rooms, the door swing and thresholds are bare wood and he has begun trying to jump over them...from area carpet to area carpet. I am afraid he will strain something or fall over trying to leap on his stiff old legs.

Systematically WD and I have been closing gaps and adding small rugs to bridge the bare wood. One of the most bothersome areas was the 4'x5' area as you walk in the office. It is the spot immediately adjacent to Stormer's bed. He often slumps half on and half off his firm bedding  or moves to lie on the cooler wood floor...except then he cannot get up and cries piteously to be helped.

Last week White Dog and I did a bit of shopping and with Steve's agreement, surprised the White Dog Army with a new floor covering for the office that goes from room edge to room edge.

Every pup seems to like it...especially CA Stormer!

4 comments:

Sue Lunsford said...

Awesome leaf pattern! I hope Stormer can navigate better now. One of my rescues, Sky, has the same issue. However, she has a weak bladder. I have been putting gripper socks on her. It seems to work, too.

Sue Lunsford said...

Awesome leaf pattern! I hope Stormer can navigate better now. One of my rescues, Sky, has the same issue. However, she has a weak bladder. I have been putting gripper socks on her. It seems to work, too.

The Daily Pip said...

I'm glad Stormer and the rest of The White Dog Army are enjoying the the new rug. Hard wood floors are beautiful, but definitely slippery sometimes even for humans.

White Dog Blog said...

Stormer chewed at the toe grippers and we feared the same fate for the socks, plus they would get dirty going outside, Sue Lunsford. The Carpet was not expensive and with all our geriatric members past and resent we have a SUPER carpet cleaner. He is loving the extra grip and padding.