11.23.2017

November 23, 2017

White Dog and Steve went for a walk down the way armed with "leftover goodies" to share with those in need who often frequent the alley and huddle behind the dumpsters along the glamorous Route 66.

It had been a wonderful day of sanctuary, noshing, music and memories...creating LOTS of thankful comments and thoughts. We savored very moment and every bite but now it is night and we shifted to prepare for the end of the day. So we put together little bags of cheese and crackers, squares of spanakopita, roasted veggies, and a cookie...then Steve took the Little White Dog of My Heart out to become an outlaw in our city which has made feeding the homeless a crime. On the way out of the door, they stopped and circled back to the kitchen to fill several additional baggies with dog kibble...as WD put it, "Just in case."

Everyone wanted to go but understood the presence of the entire White Dog Army might be a bit intimidating to some.

So we rested our VERY full tummies.
We were grateful for comfy places to rest and for family.
We waited for WD and Steve to return with happy stories.
We were happy to be so blessed.
Tonight we ask that Universe grant you, your families and all Earth's creatures, whether they celebrate this holiday or not, at least ONE thing for which you can be grateful. ONE thing that fills your hearts with hope and joy. ONE thing that makes the bad times bearable. And we send our love so you know you are never alone.

You give us pause to be thankful this day for your friendship and support. Happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Random Felines said...

We are thankful for friends like all of you...good luck to the "outlaws"

Jo's World said...

I am thankful everyday for almost everything, include yourselves there, if you will.
I even think warm thoughts of the family members that are gone now, and think about the funny stories they left behind.

Will the Outlaws continue their work on a when-everly basis? I wish them the best of luck with the law. Is it OK with the Law if the people get hungry enough to lay down and dye, or do they have some other law about dying on a public thorofare?

Best of wishes to all of you, and thanks for the best letter! An answer will be soonish,

Jo

Tweedles -- that's me said...

It feels good to be thankful,,, and thankful for all of you,
love
tweedles

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is so lovely. I so miss living with dogs, so your posts let me enjoy it vicariously, as I read. Sigh. First time in my life (I am 71), I am living without a fur creature to companion me. It is hard. My eyes feast on all the village dogs. Sometimes I feel like a vampire, wanting to pounce. LOL.