1.15.2018

January 14, 2018

White Dog allowed me to dress, warmly, and move into the living room where I was firmly tucked under blankets and surrounded by the White Dog Army nursing and guarding contingent while breakfast was made.

"We are preparing what is commonly called a 'beige' meal," Bella explained to me. "Not too taxing on the system  but hot and nutritious. Nice, creamy oatmeal and a sausage patty for protein if you want it." Tizenegy came charging in from the kitchen. "And dad is making lots so we call ALL have some!" he said excitedly. "And we're not even sick!"

"Be sure to tell him we want ours the way momma eats hers, with butter, cream and a sprinkle of brown sugar." Siku told Teez, "Otherwise he might just give us oatmeal! I have seen him eat it plain like that!"

"Can mommas have creamy coffee when they have sickies?" Opal asked. "If not, we might have to drink the entire mug on her behalf."

"Maybe dad should put a towel around her in case she spills," Stormer suggested.

"Um,guys? White Dogs of My Heart? I have a cold or flu, I have not lost my faculties nor my ability to feed myself. Thank you all for your concern and for making breakfast but I think I can take it from here."

Zosfia sat on one side of me and Bailey on the other. "We will just sit here in case you need help...or find you have no appetite," they volunteered causing a clamor or White Dogs who ALSO wanted to volunteer for clean up duty. "Tezenegy said you were all sharing this breakfast so please, back up and give this sick woman room to breathe."

While all were jockeying for position, Steve had quietly put down Second Breakfast bowls. "Breakfast is served," he announced. And suddenly I was unattended.


1 comment:

Sue Lunsford said...

Ah, peace and quiet while you eat! Bet they gobbled faster than you, and we're back in a flash. Hope you feel better soon, Sue!