3.11.2018

March 11, 2018

White Dog assigned Roman his first duties on Meal Making Day...to make sure no ingredients were left out of the White Dog Army Casserole. Zsofia was appointed to be his trainer.

"Remember, this is a special batch," she told them both. "In honor of St. Patrick's Day later this week, we are adding oatmeal and cooked cabbage to the mix."

"Are we dyeing the casserole green?" Opal asked. "I heard people make everything green for that day."  "Since this will last beyond the holiday," I told her, "we will  leave the food its natural color."

It took a good part of the afternoon add ingredients, mix, and food process; we all sighed with happy exhaustion as Steve put the fresh container into the refrigerator...and three more into the freezer.

I handed out duck jerky rewards.

"I am not sure if I prefer this," Nilla munched, "or a big sample of our efforts." "Worry not, Sweet Girl, you will get to taste the fruit of your labor at dinner tonight.

No comments: