9.10.2018

September 10, 2018

White Dog shifted to accommodate her somewhat bigger sister who was insistent on squeezing into the narrow space next to my desk; the space WD usually curls up in the corner of. And Opal was not yielding her position at the back end of the rectangle. Looking like a spilled-out clown car, the girls managed to comfortably make a stake and not give up their closeness to me.

Bailey was in a momma needy mode, unusual for her, and the OTHER side of the desk, the one where she typically slept was not close enough.
If I moved, Bai came along. She and Bella had a battle of wills over which could press closer to me in the bathroom. Bailey had the advantage of being tall enough to rest her head on my lap as I sat. Being sensitive to my girl's neediness, we took many breaks across the workday to cuddle and talk. Bailey loves kisses...and giving them...so my lens cleaner got quite the workout.

Finally things sorted themselves out around the workspace so that WD kept her corner nearest me, Opal snuggled at her tail, Bella next to her, and Bailey in the crate. Zsofia rested directly behind me and Pearl rested on the red couch. Tizenegy was happy in his corner spot and Roman filled the white mat just inside the door. I could hear Nilla gently snoring on the front porch (and envied her a bit for her privacy).

Despite the claustrophobia of the arrangement being surrounded by the White Dog Army lent a certain sense of completeness and safety...but I prayed for no urgent reasons that would force me to try to wade through or escape.

1 comment:

Rahul Roy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.