9.09.2018

September 9, 2018

White Dog watched Opal and turned to me. "Opal is kind to everyone and the entire WDA seems to appreciate her attentions. Her magic is wonderful to watch." I nodded my agreement. She is often just what is needed to calm a nervous sibling or to reassure with a nose nuzzle or to just share cuddling. Opal quietly just does what is needed non-threateningly and always with a wag. The others seem to understand she has no "agenda" and genuinely welcome her attention.

Frequently I tell my Sparkling Girl that she is a very powerful member of the White Dog Army, the Bringer of Light that pushes back the darkness of fear or pain. It is a gift, I tell her, to make the others feel safe and loved. She likes the notion of filling her family.

Today a sudden storm hit and caught Tizenegy in a rattled state. Opal did what she does. By the time the noise subsided, she was fully against Tiz and both were napping. That is my girl's special powers at work.



2 comments:

Stephen Sehi-Smith said...

Opal has a calming effect on every pup in the house.

Random Felines said...

that is a wonderful superpower to have