12.09.2018

December 9, 2018

White Dog looked down from the couch where she was attempting to nap. Then she looked across the room at me. "Opal wants to know if you would brush her. Everyone else is out with dad in the yard and...well, she would like a bit of extra attention."

I picked up the brush from the cart next to me. "Opal? Of course I would love to brush you! You only ever have to ask. I know you are my best girl when it comes to grooming and your furs are always knot-free and soft as a result. Besides, I love running my hand over you."

I could hear her little grunts of satisfaction and her eyes were closed in bliss as I brushed. She turned this way and that so I would not miss any spots before moving closer and coming to rest against my legs with her head in my hands. We leaned together for a long time. 

Then she looked at White Dog. "Next?" I asked the sleeping leader of the Army. "How about you?" I teased Bailey who had quietly come in while we were in the throes of good hygiene practices but she tightly closed her eyes and pretended she, too, was sound asleep. 

I kissed Opal's forehead. "You look marvelous, Sweet One. Go show dad."

1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

So sweet. Opal, you are such a good girl.