11.17.2019

November 17, 2019

White Dog has never had a problem expressing herself. She does not hide behind coyness or convention; she is a Queen, after all. Taste buds shaped by having a classically-trained chef as a pup has left her with a finely honed palate.

And I know that.

It was that I was having toast and cheddar for breakfast when she came in and asked to share. I told her my plate and hoped for acceptance that it was all I had. The toasted English muffin with butter...acceptable. But this was the look I got when I dared to extend fingers holding cheddar.
"I feel like I am living the Please, Sir scene in Oliver Twist only it is, Please Momma can I have some real cheese," I shared with Steve. He offered no sympathy. "You know how she feels, what were you thinking even offering?"

No comments: