11.19.2019

Novembr 18, 2019

White Dog just watched then walked away. Some things are even beyond HER understanding...like Zsofia's insistence that she wanted the lime I was squeezing on the salad for dinner.

"Look," I told her. "I know this game. You taste it and immediately spit it out on the floor because dogs do not eat limes. Then Bai will have to lick it...then Bella...then Opal...and finally Pearl will run off with t and bury it in the living room cushions." She continued to stare with longing at the green wedge.

I held it out to her. "Go ahead, sniff it but I will hold on so you won't make a mess."
Gently she smelled the tangy fruit then wrapped her lips around it tugging for ownership. "No, Zso, seriously. If you take it you better eat it right here and now." Peering into my eyes our darkest White Dog took the citrus and deliberately, slowly chewed as if she was savoring a tender piece of steak. 

"VERY impressive, Itty Bitty One, although I am sure you did that just to prove a point."

Tizenegy saw the exchange and shouldered his way to stand beside her. 
"Me, too! I want some!" "No, Sweetheart, limes are not for dogs." "But Zsofia..."

I pointed to the bowl in the doorway where Zsofia had her snooter plunged into the water and was gulping. "Trying to clear the palate? Poor baby. Good news is limes are full of vitamin C."



No comments: