12.13.2019

December 13, 2019

White Dog stood in the bathroom doorway looking concerned. Flanking her were the rest of the White Dog Army. All had been drawn to the soft moans and slurpy hacking noises.

"Oh, no! Dad awoke with the glickies! Nursing stations, everyone," WD commanded.

Tizenegy put an extra book of tissues at Steve's desk in the office. And he made a big sign to hang over the trash can. It said, "WARNING: DO NOT EAT. Full of Germs."

Zso and Bai rushed out to begin brewing tea that would be mixed with lemon, red pepper, and honey. Steve was not allowed to be without a cupful to sip.

Bella and Opal stacked the aspirin, the decongestant, and menthol cough drops next to his keyboard.

Roman and Pearl kept everyone organized and calm as Steve moved slower than normal, stopping often to blow his nose and wash his hands, in breakfast preparation. The Army understood and was amazingly patient.

White Dog sat next t me to report, post-breakfast, and tasked me with "being the voice of common sense." I looked at her. "Does not mean I will be heard," was my response.

Steve came in. "I don't feel so well." "Yes, I have heard you making all kinds of awful sounds. You have what sounds like a nasty head and chest cold." "I hope you don't get it," he said. "Me, too, but even if you put a mask on know you have been contagious for days." "I know, four others at work have it."

White Dog nudged me. This was my cue for common sense. "I know you are busy but is there any way that you can work from home all day and go slowly?" "I have a meeting that I am supposed to schedule for this afternoon..." "Can you make it a phone conference? I am sure no one is going to want to sit across from you spewing glickies. Plus you look frightful; your face is all red; your nose swollen and drippy; and you look like you ought to be in bed."

"I can't do that but I will reschedule the meeting." I looked at White Dog, if he is going to work in the office you and your team must make sure he keeps drinking tea...and takes LOTS of rest/pet me breaks...and eats something even if it is just crackers."
 

1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

We sure hope Dad Steve feels better soon. Sending lots of purrs and prayers for rapid healing. At least he has some awesome and loving WDA nurses. :)