7.14.2020

July 14, 2020

White Dog walked into the entire White Dog Army gathered around me and supervising the creation of our dinner salad. She was already WALKING into the middle of the room before anyone switched focus and noticed her amazing progress.

"OMG, sister! This is So great!" Bella almost knocked WD over in her zoom over to sniff and nuzzle. "The cold laser therapies are certainly helping," said a gentler and calmer Bailey. "Timeout for treats to celebrate!" cried Roman.

"Thank you all for your love. I need dad to take me out first, then we can share treats. After I will rest on my bed until you all get dinner ready." Pearl suggested a round of the new duck sausages that everypup was crazy over might be just the treat ticket so three of the chubby little morsels was portioned out in rounds to the WDA.
Then they came charging back to the task of making salad. "Bell pepper?" "Check and you all ate an entire one by yourselves."

"Carrot slivers?" "Already shaved AND samples shared."

"Cucumbers?" "Nope, the one we had did not survive, but yes to cauliflower of which you ate half the head.

"Cherry tomatoes?" "Right here. Who wants one?" Tails wagged as all but pearl stepped up for an orb.

"What are those?" "Broccoli sprouts that dad has grown  Want a taste?" Opal spoke for the group. "They are tasty but kind of hard to eat; they are so little. Maybe if we got a handful and ate from your palm." "Next time."

"OK, thanks for the help. I am going to mix some dressing and add these."

"What is 'these' and why can't WE have them?" Tizenegy wanted to know. "They are radishes and you won't like them. They are sort of sharp tasting. You will all take them and spit them out and they will be wasted." "How do you know?" I was challenged.

I sighed and passed out little red crunchies to all who lined up. And I waited for the quivering nose and curled lip heralding that the radishes were rejected.

I am certain the reaction was just meant to prove me wrong. "Yum!" "These are so cool red on the outside; white inside." "Are there more?"

"Go on, all of you. Watch dad make YOUR dinner." I laughed.   

No comments: