8.06.2020

August 6, 2020

White Dog looked at me and said, "One of these days Dr. Julia will just refuse to take our calls, we are always coming up with a novel twist for her to bring us through." I laughed but not very convincingly. "Don't be silly, she loves the challenges of the White Dog Army.

Pearl spent the day with the good doctor being peeped at, tested, Iv'd, and observed. Steve called from the office when he went to pick up Our Gem at the end of the day.

"Good news is the mega colon inflammation is pretty much back to normal size. The ultrasound and Xray both showed things are looking good." Steve shared and in the background he heard the Army cheer.

"I am hearing a 'but'...the other shoe dropping. Tell me." I said.
"Dr. Julia saw something odd in Pearl's stomach, not the colon. It was not a tumor but it was fuzzy so she did a barium Xray to see if she could see better. She showed me the result. The barium clung to the edges; it is a foreign object but what we could not figure out. It is shaped kind of like a squeaker but it isn't that; those she says she has seen plenty of. It might be flat like a geode or convex like a walnut. Could be something new or could have been in Pearl's gut for a long time... and she wants me to ask if you stay up nights thinking of things to perplex her." Steve ended chuckling. White Dog looked at me. I held up my hands. "Tell her she is the Wizard, to come up with a plan before my Little Girl goes back tomorrow."

I held Pearl when she got home. "I am going to change your name to Enigma," I whispered to her. Steve concluded his report with tomorrow's plan. Once again Pearl will go first thing in the morning for IV fluids. Dr. Julia is going to try to get some better views of the object and at least try to determine its threat level. There ae a few other tests she will conduct and hopefully we will be at a place of more knowledge before we consider surgery or other options.

Tonight My Girl is tired but she ate some chicken and drank water on her own. We have weaned her off of the immodium and are keeping fingers (and paws) crossed that the bird will stay down. White Dog reminded me that she will get a chance to visit with her sister midday when she goes for her cold laser treatment. "I will be sure to bump noses and remind her to hurry home."

1 comment:

Random Felines said...

Three cheers for Dr Julia