1.20.2021

January 19, 2021

White Dog said, "not every moment is able to be conveniently captured with a photo but that does not make it any less significant...or worth sharing." She was right.

Most evenings, after dinner, Zsofia and Roman join me in the bedroom to doze as I work on the computer. It is during this time that I talk with them about my day and tell them how much they are loved and appreciated. It is a soothing ritual as we wind down toward bedtime. 

Roman, as most who follow us know, comes with a steamer trunk full of insecurities, wariness, and trust issues. We are working on those but it may take his lifetime to overcome his challenges enough to ever completely relax. He has made tremendous progress but the road is still long.

That is why when I turned to look at him resting on the floor just a few feet from me, with Zsofia sleeping soundly in her open crate just a few feet from him in the other direction, that I wanted to sing out, make a movie, or somehow capture the gush of joy I felt. But I dared not move or make a noise.

There was My Boy, asleep, ON HIS BACK, fully vulnerable, legs all akimbo. A moment of ultimate trust.

My tear was a silent "thanks" to the Universe. 


3 comments:

TimberLove said...

How wonderful, stay strong little friend, our thoughts and prayers are with you Roman.

Nuk & family

Random Felines said...

How lovely.....

meowmeowmans said...

Now THAT is a special moment. Way to go, Mr. Roman. XO