11.03.2017

November 3, 2017

White Dog, feeling mostly better, watched a few yellow leaves flutter to the ground. She sighed a sort of accepting sound. "In no time, it will be winter and another year will have passed and along with it so many precious moments."

I cuddled her against me. "You are feeling the melancholy of long late Autumn," I told her. "The sense that comes from watching leaves dress up to abandon the trees and the sun run earlier and earlier from the sky. It is cold in the morning now. Plus you are still feeling  bit glunky."

I continued. "We have lost much this cycle but do not overlook the joys." I twisted so that she could see into the yard.

"The Bradford Pear tree is so beautiful right now. And so is your sister," I said  nodding at Zsofia who unknowingly was posing in front of it. "And yet, just a few weeks ago, the little tree was almost killed when the big branch fell," WD replied. 

I pressed my lips to her ear. "Ahh, but it wasn't; it survived for this season finale of color. For you, my love. Just so that you could share THIS moment with me."

White Dog sighed again. this time with a sound of understanding and peace.

1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This pings at my heart, for I have loved and lost some beautiful fur beings.....what I would give for one moment just like the one you have described so movingly here. You write beautifully. And your dogs are wonderful. Sigh.