6.22.2018

June 21, 2018

White Dog asked, "Why is it when it gets super hot you and dad get to carryout dinner so as not to overheat the kitchen with cooking? What about us? How come no one worries about the White Dog Army's food prep?"

"Sweet Love, the heat MUST be getting to you! The WDA meals require no cooking, they come from the refrigerator, already cooked. And no matter what you eat, it STILL must be put into your bowls and your supplements added."

"Just does not seem fair," she continued to grouse.

I was holding the menu from our favorite Middle-Eastern place. The entire Army was now gathered and staring. I sighed. "Want to eat carryout enough to have what I am having?" I asked them. Tails wagged, "yes."

Steve stood in the kitchen doorway waiting to hear the decision affecting doggie dinners.

"All right, then," I addressed my family. "I will have lentil soup with humus and pita. The WDA can have kibble moistened with lentil soup, dad's homecooked mix, and topped with a dollop of humus. No, you do not need pita. Steve, you can decide for yourself and I can call in the order." I looked at Steve, "Choose something YOU want, there is no need for you to share."

To take up the time between order and pickup, Steve got bowls ready for the add-ons that were coming. Then he left to get the food. He returned in just a few minutes and finished WDA meals. (I DID notice each bowl also contained a sprinkling of parsley-ed rice from his meal; for their breath, no doubt). The kitchen stayed cool and comfortable.

And dinner was delicious.

No comments: