11.22.2018

November 22, 2018

White Dog asked, "What you are most thankful for today, momma?" I suspect she knew the answer but wanted the comfort of hearing me say it as we cuddled together after dinner. I noticed the entire White Dog Army moving closer as I started my answer.

"I am grateful for the years and journeys we have shared, Little White Dog of My Heart. It is a comfort to know you are so wise and giving and are my daemon."
"I am thankful for my sensitive Itty Bitty Baby Girl and her gentle enthusiasm for everything in the world. She is the essence of innocence."
"And for Tizenegy's happy spirit. He reminds me to be joyful; even his complaining about late treats or grumping as he settles for a nap makes me smile."

"I am thankful for Bella Bee, my constant companion and timekeeper. I can count on the fact she is always somewhere near me. She is my clown when I need to lighten up."

"Roman is my reminder to be thankful daily. He has experienced so much and still is working so hard to learn how to trust and love. I am honored that he cares enough to try. He has a good heart."

"I am grateful for Bailey's peaceable nature. Nothing rattles her. She is my gentle enforcer and my protector."

"and for Pearl. It is she who I continue to woo. Every tiny step, like her letting me touch her without startling, fills me with hope. I give thanks at every movement closer together."

"Nilla is the sweetest most tolerant graceful member of the WDA. I am thankful for everyday our old girl is with us to share her beautiful smile; she laughs at the thought that growing old is something to fear."

"Opal's quiet strength comes from a depth that calms me. She is the ultimate caregiver to all of us, always checking on the pack and making contact."

"Beyond even the years of the White Dog Army...or even you WD, dad has been my strength and partner. He enriches and stretches me and shares my entire Universe. How can you not be thankful for someone who welcomes an Army with all of his heart even knowing that time and circumstance will make demands and leave scars he never imagined? 

"I give thanks to each of your bothers and sisters who has crossed the Bridge but arestill part of our hearts and story. Each has added a unique perspective and lesson that has made me better...sometimes tearfully wiser, but always with a fuller soul as a result.  

"There are many things for which I give thanks today. I truly do live a life of miracles, filled with love. You all, my family, are my richest treasure.










1 comment:

Judith said...

How thankful and lucky the White Dog Army is to be surrounded by so much love. Every time I see their momma aqnd papa I feel that love too. What if all people could love like that. What a wonderful world it would be.
Happy holiday weekend. Keep feeling the LOVE!