1.27.2019

January 26, 2019

White Dog helped clean and bandage the scratch on my arm.

In his enthusiasm, Tizenegy had jumped up to give me a hug and left a bloody stripe. "Yow, Bud! That hurt." as I looked at him. "My goodness look at how long those nails have gotten. You need a trim."

After being patched up I looked at the very repentant Tiz and Steve. "You know if we don't do it now, we will forget or he will get pushed off the schedule. We already have a to-do list that is pretty long." Steve sighed mostly because he knew I was right and it would just be easier to delay bedtime fifteen minutes and be done.

He got out the tools while I petted and sweet talked my "victim." When Steve was ready we muzzled Tiz (he does not like being fussed over) and lifted him to the bed. The treat bag was at his side ready to issue rewards.

Of course my 15 minutes did not include changing the sheets filled with nail grinding dust nor did I count on the drama of Tizenegy walking stiff-legged for another ten as the WDA checked to make sure he was unharmed.

Finally, Steve walked him over to HIS bed and left a treat on his pillow. "Good night, Good Boy. Your toes look so handsome." Tiz wagged and settled down.


1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

Tiz, we bet you feel much more comfy after your pedicure. And Mom Sue, we hope your wound heals soon!