1.28.2019

January 27, 2019

White Dog left our side immediately to find Steve and remedy the mistake.

Nilla rested with her head against my heart when she quietly said, "I am afraid, momma." I wrapped her more tightly in my arms and pushed more love into my heartbeat. "Not of the journey," she continued. "I know it is silly but I am missing my collar and tags."

I looked at her questioningly. "We removed it because you neck was all raw from your skin issues and we did not want it to chafe and cause you pain." "I know, but the last time my collar was removed was when I was turned into the animal police by the people I trusted for so long. I do not want to be abandoned or sent off without anyone to care."

My tears began to flow. "Sweetest Nilla Bean Here is your collar." Steve slid it between her paws. "Is it ok to just keep it near with you holding it so it does not become of symbol of pain? I would sooner suffer myself than to have you hurt."

Steve continued, "Baby Girl, you are incredibly loved and would never be abandoned Please be at peace that we are with you and you are part of us."

"Always," White Dog added. "Momma promised you forever when you joined us and she keeps her promises. Besides," she added, "when you joined the White Dog Army it was an eternal commitment. You have brothers and sisters on the other side of the Bridge who will meet us when we can walk with you no further. Do not fear being alone."

Nilla sighed with relief. "Can I hold this next to me? I am tired now and would like dad to help me to my bed but with my collar."

I kissed my Nilla, hard, on the top of her head. "Rest well and worry not, you have an Army surrounding you."

1 comment:

TimberLove said...

Dear Nilla,

We send you all our love an light and good thoughts and warmth and love. We are with you, albeit from afar,

Nuk & Timber