2.01.2019

February 1, 2019

White Dog giggled. "Bet THIS visit will be a story during breaktime," she said. I looked around the room. "Well it WAS sort of like a clown car of activity."

My new doctor as a followup ordered a chest X-ray for me. The new health care at home program I am in sends the tech and portable unit to do the scan at my home. So this evening when the tech called to say he was outside, Steve put Tizenegy behind the laundry room gate, Roman on his dinner tether in the kitchen, Zsofia in the kitchen proper. Bai unlatched the kitchen gate twice so Steve leashed her and clipped it to the gate. The others remained free but hid out in the other side of the house.

It was a cool set-up; the machine was about the size of a handcart you use to move boxes. We shifted the coffee table, plugged in the unit, unfolded it and we were ready to go.

The Army was not keen on the lead apron the tech donned nor the machine that popped and flashed. They did not like the big metal plates placed against me. And they sang their disquiet. Bella hopped on the ottoman and her growl made the tech jump until Steve picked her up and held her in his arms. Zso howled from the kitchen. Pearl and Opal paced back and forth in front of me. For their safety Steve put them in the hallway and closed the door.

The process took less than 20 minutes from his walking in...about a minute and a half too long for Bailey. Her "protect momma" instinct kicked in as the last plate was completed. She tightened her muscles and surged forward. The leash and her strength pulled the gate out of the door way overpowering the friction tightened pads that held it in place. She trotted over dragging the gate to stand between me and the open mouthed tech.

"It is all right, Bai," I cooed as I reached down to unclip her leash like we did this every evening. The gate dropped to the ground. Steve unplugged the X-ray machine, stepped over the gate and handed the tech the cord. As Steve helped him to the door I was blizzarded by White Dogs, led by Bailey, who needed kisses and hugs to prove I was not harmed.
I smiled at Steve. "The best healthcare team, ever."

1 comment:

Random Felines said...

WE know the WDA is safe but bless the tech for standing his ground :)