6.05.2019

June 4, 2019

White Dog's walk at bedtime follows Tizenegy's so she was not here to respond to Tiz's sad "What Do I Do NOW?" moan after he trotted into the office and ate his treat. I tried to substitute.

"Sweetheart," I told him as I scratched his ears. "You should be happy. You have had a walk and a treat. Go rest on your bed until we shut down for the night and go for lights out treats in the bedroom."

He whined again.

"Tiz, don't be a grumpy old man. You can watch me from the bed."

He took two steps toward his deluxe mattress setup behind me in the corner next to Steve's work area. He softly whimpered. I turned, beginning to be impatient, and only then discovered what he was unhappy about.

"I am so sorry Sweet Boy, you are right. You cannot go to bed if your sister has commandeered your space."

"Zsofia," I said to the Darkest White Dog stretched to cover every inch of Tiz's resting place, "that is HIS bed, you must move." She barely lifted her head.

Just then White Dog returned from her walk and rounded the corner into the office. All it took was ONE glare in the corner direction for all to be set right...and then she politely took her treat and sat on HER bed to enjoy it.

No comments: