2.16.2020

February 15, 2020

White Dog pointed to Bella's feet. "Notice she has stopped chewing on her toesies? They are looking very healthy."

Actually, I had noticed since every night Steve carries the harnessed Tiny Dancer past me before her walk. She has a ritual of putting her paw on my cheek and I tell her, "I love you. Have a nice walk. Hurry home to me."

As she does. Steve tells me the last 50 yards of the walk Bella Bee drags the other team members to the front door. She twirls impatiently while her leash and harness are removed. Then she zooms into the bedroom to breathlessly get a "Welcome Back" hug and to tell me the neighborhood news.

Tonight, the big news was that somebody had left a carryout bag filled with fried chicken remains in the street and that Steve had to wrestle Bailey away from eating it.
Bailey tells a different version: "I just was trying to move the bag out of the way. I would not want anyone to trip over the trash." Bella snorted and pranced away.

No comments: