11.01.2020

October 31, 2020

White Dog waited until the full moon was rising and the city was unusually quiet to begin the family's halloween celebration. Night on Bald Mountain played during our simple dinner of pumpkin soup in which floated ground duck and lentil meatballs. Garlicky spinach stuffed puff pastries finished the meal. For dessert, we shared marscapone topped with warm apple cinnamon slices while we watched Labyrinth, a family favorite movie.

Then we all settled down to sleep.

"Is the White Dog rustling around?" I asked Steve. It is unusual for Our Girl to be restless after lights out. "I will go over and check on her." Steve threw back the covers and walked down the hall. "Just must have been ghosties and ghoulies and things that go bump in the night," he said returning. "She is sound asleep and so is Tiz."

He was just walking around the bed when we heard another noise...this time from the living room. "White Dog Army visitors from over the Bridge pranking us?" I wondered.

"Bailey? What do you have Baily? Give it to me." There was a brief scuffle and Steve returned to grab the flashlight. I could hear Bailey madly pawing on the carpet. 

Minutes later Bai came and curled up gracefully next to Zsofia. "Whatcha doing, Bai?" I asked her. 

Steve came in carrying the little tub he has on his desk filled with pup treats. "SOME girl was doing a little Midnight Trick-or-Treating. She stole this off of my desk and was on the sofa trying to chew the top off. Almost succeeded. Then she pushed it under the couch to keep me from getting it."

I looked over at my mischief maker. I did not notice ANY remorse.




1 comment:

Peg Dixon said...

A Siberian Husky, showing remorse?? Especially about "found food"?? Bai, you need to explain it to Momma, again!