12.21.2020

December 21, 2020

White Dog and I had our annual debate about opening presents on the Winter Solstice vs Christmas Eve. "Momma, it is torture receiving boxes and bags from those we love and not just tearing open the wrapping to get to the things we can smell that are delicious." 

"Allow an old woman her traditions," I said. In a loud whisper WD sighed to Opal, "THIS is the part where she tells me that when SHE was a child, presents were not opened until Christmas Day, AFTER breakfast and AFTER her father set up the blinding movie lights." 

"Anyway," I continued, "I have streamlined our lives to accommodate all of your needs so I get to save present opening AND plan special meals for both the Eve AND Christmas." 

"I knew she would say that," White Dog told the Army, "this banter is part of my gift to her. You know momma enjoys a good argument."

As a silent protest Bella spread long on Tizenegy's bed and held out for "visions of sugar plums to dance in her head."


 

2 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Aww, just a few more nights of sugar plums dancing in your heads, sweet pals. Christmas Eve will be here soon. :)

shebi said...

replica bags online my latest blog post a3u13d7b40 replica bags in dubai look at more info e7n56m3w18 replica louis vuitton joy replica bags review see here now g7r09u0g97 best replica designer bags replica bags us