12.22.2020

December 22, 2020

White Dog rested against my side after the cheesecake devoured to end the special celebration meal of lamb, pistachio, and goat cheese meatballs served on couscous with apricots. Her sisters and brother had sung their song of happy birthday wishes and had wandered off to nap. 


"I cannot believe it has been sixteen years...already AND only... Little White Dog of My Heart," I told her. "Thank you for taking care of me...for always being by my side and sharing my life journey. Thank you for trying to keep my world in balance and for not abandoning me when it isn't. Thank you for believing in me...for trusting me...for loving me. You are my daemon. My perfect girl. The embodiment of everything good in the world. May we have many many more celebrations of your birthday spent in health, together."

I kissed her forehead and noticed that her eyes were heavy and she really wanted to celebrate right now with a digestive nap on her bed. I called to Steve. "Can you come and carry our Party Girl to her bed so she can rest before walks?" I laughed. He came in, yawning. "After that wonderful meal, a rest sounds delightful," he replied.


 

3 comments:

TimberLove said...

Happy birthday my friend, love an woooos,

Nuk & family

Random Felines said...

Happy Birthday sweet girls

meowmeowmans said...

Happy birthday, beloved friend. XO