5.09.2021

May 8, 2021

"White Dog, why are you holding your head at that strange angle?" I asked, my momma spidey sense on red alert. She was doing that thing flamingoes do where they rotate their heads to nearly upsidedown while at the same time tilting their necks way over to the side. I shifted her in my arms to make sure it wasn't due to the way I held her and then felt along her neck and spine...sort of massaging and testing her reaction. Her muscles were not tight and she did not flinch. I pressed her against my body and cupped her face with my hand. She immediately pressed hard into me turning her head so her ear was mashed into my shoulder. 

"Steve, could you bring the flashlight, the ear cleaner and a few swabs," I called. To the Little White Dog of My Heart I asked, "does your ear hurt?" The flashlight look revealed the ear to be gunky but there was no evidence of blood or infection. I pressed her ear and White Dog gratefully pushed hard against my hand. "Just because you don't see it doesn't mean she might not have an inner ear infection," Steve commented. "I guess we will be calling Dr. Julia on Monday," I said as I gently rubbed along the base of WD's ear down along her jaw bone. "If dad sets you up with a hot water bottle will you rest with your ear on it?" I asked her. "It will feel soothing." 

She was willing to give it a try with the caveat, "Could you please keep Bella in the other room so that she does not try to cuddle on top of me?"



1 comment:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Poor sweetie, we hope the ear feels better with some warmth.