7.20.2021

July 19, 2021

White Dog laughed. "You can be such a goofball, Zso! I love that you can always make me laugh." Zsofia was her playing her "Do you love my parts?" game. It usually starts by Zsofia thrusting her head under my hand. "Do you love my ears, momma?"

I respond by stroking the softness of her ears and reassure her that I do, indeed love her ears, her long elegant nose, her deep soulful eyes, and her soft cheeks.

"Do you love my legs?" "They are long and furry; what's not to love? And I love your owl toes and when you ask me to hold your paw when you sit next to me as I work."
"Do you love my sharp, bright teeth, momma? The ones that could chew a hole in your slippers." "Sweet Zsofia, you have the pearliest noshers and would never hurt anything but toys and chewies  or treats. I love your toofers."
"and my side? Do you love BOTH my sides even if I leave tufts of hair everywhere?" "Your sides are the best for resting my head against. I love to just put my hand on your side and feel it rise and fall when you are sleeping. And sometimes when you are awake I love plucking wisps of shedding furs...it is like harvesting a Zso crop." 
"Do you love my belly, momma?" "Oh, Zsofia, I have loved this tummy ever since you were a baby and would throw yourself upside down at my feet and demand attention." 
"Zso there is not a single part of you that I do not love...and the combination of ALL the parts into YOU makes my heart sing with happiness that you are our Darkest White Dog and my special Itty Bitty Baby Girl."





1 comment:

Random Felines said...

Such a special darkest white dog