1.10.2022

January 10, 2022

Siku was the only White Dog who ever understood momma's habit of rising late in the morning. Over the course of our time together she came more and more to believe, like me, that 10:30 am was a "civilized" hour to get out of bed and that breakfast is a half hour after that.

No one else in the history of the WDA has made that transition, instead rising at ungodly early hours with Steve. All do an admirable, for the most part (cats on the driveway an exception), job of respecting momma's sleep. 

Bailey, in the stealth mode for which she is renowned, often comes in to the bedroom just watch me sleep. In the last warm and snuggly moments before wakefulness, I can sense that I am being stared at. The SECOND I open my eyes, Bai is at my side pushing with her nose on my bare arm and asking if it is coffee time yet. 

She is seconded as the others flood in..."Since you are awake, momma." 


1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

Well, we are glad Bai waits until your eyes open. :)