5.20.2022

May 19, 2022

 

"Why am I hiding here all curled up," Diva responded to Steve's question. "Because YOU were in the shower when I needed you to protect me! I was lucky that monster didn't come through the window and grab me." 

Zsofia stepped over to Steve and explained. "Our little Protector of the Realm was yelling at the activity going on across the street. She was loud and relenting. We thought she had actually convinced one truck to leave because the driver got in...but he did not move. Instead the arm on the truck bed swung around. The arm grabbed lumber tied together and then waved it around I think trying to get the bundle over to the front yard. Instead, it slipped and slammed into the street with a thundering CRASH. Then there were lots of workers who rushed over and were shouting."

Lilly tried not to giggle. "The noise sent Diva under my legs and then to find Dad and finally to where you see her now. Sometimes being POTR is traumatizing."

In a theatrical shaky whisper Diva looked up at Steve, "a hug and treats might make things better."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you know: if you don’t ask for it, it might never come to you.