8.01.2022

August 1, 2022

 I keep a paper calendar just for the excitement of flipping the page to reveal the new, as yet uncharted or notated, month as we begin it. We have developed a little ritual, the White Dog Army and I, where during the Coffee Club of the first morning of the month we take turns between sips to fondly bid farewell to the passed month by remembering a moment it contained. Then we share something we hope the new month holds for us.

Opal began. "I enjoyed the new salmon treats in July and I hope that Auguast brings an end to the extreme heat." Diva agreed, "I like the shooting stars we are beginning to see at walktime. I am glad the noise of Summerfest is over; it scared me."
Zsofia confessed she liked the way the July swamp cooler air ruffled her tummy furs. "It was on a LOT. And I hope August is mellow enough that Bailey and I can have overnights outside on the deck." Roman said, "My favorite part of August is Dad's birthday and planning his party. I won't miss the fireworks or flies of July."
Both Bailey andLilly agreed they liked having fresh blueberries on peanut butter toast in July. Lilly thought we overdid salads, though. Bailey disliked all of the flying bugs. Together, both girls are working on something special for Dad's mid-August birthday. A project they keep trying to convince me requires them to have unlimited access to the kitchen counters and to kleenex.

1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

We love your special ritual that comes with the changing of the month. We hope August brings lots of wonderful and happy moments for you!