11.09.2022

November 9, 2022


"Dad, I really miss momma" said Opal. Oh, sweet girl, I do too. Every time you see a butterfly in the yard or feel the wind blow gently through the changing leaves on the trees, or witness a beautiful sunset, that's momma saying "Hi" to you. 

Remember when I left the house for a little while this afternoon? Well, I went to the beautiful bosque along the river. I laid back on a picnic bench and stared up at the sky through the cottonwood trees and talked with momma. That was a favorite place that we used to go to enjoy each other's company. I know you don't like leaving the house, so remember you can still feel momma every time you look out the window or walk in the back yard here at home.









9 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Dear White Dog Army -

The entire world and even universe is feeling the very same way -

H&K&W,
Willow and Phyll

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful 😍 beautiful post to one of the best dog moms I have ever known! I love that when I read this I really felt like I was reading Sue's own words, which shows the love and connection there is between momma and daddy .

Anonymous said...

Oh, carry on. Sue would certainly want that. I’m sure of that ❤️

Gidget Blue Sky said...

we are so sorry for your loss

Zoolatry said...

Thank you, Steve, for continuing to post and share, even while in the depths of grief.
And yes, spending a moment of respite in a place shared together is a good thing.

TimberLove said...

Love an woooos Opal,

Nuk

Arwen's Pack said...

Thank you for posting! The night sky will be a bit brighter now with their new star. I remember when I first started blogging, Sue was one of the first people that reached out, made me feel welcome and supported me with her kind words and her beautiful example. I know there are many here that feel the same. Thank you for being here and sharing her still.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I agree, we are glad to see you posting, keep the legacy going. Hugs Steve.

meowmeowmans said...

Thank you for continuing to post, Steve. Sue's spirit and love lives on in you and the WDA, and we are so grateful for that.