6.04.2023

June 4, 2023

Today was a difficult day and a good day for me. I attended the first Paws To People event without my partner of 44 years who originally developed the concept for our nonprofit. I am carrying on our tradition of education at this event as Sue would have wanted it to be done. Paws To People has been in existence for ten years, and I am compelled to become its frontman and spokesman. 

Thanks to Fat Katz for organizing and sponsoring the event. Paws To People has held many such events in the past, and so I know how much work happens behind the scenes to make a successful event. Even so, I returned to the house afterward and just sat in a chair for a while to restore my depleted reserves. The entire White Dog Army was very well behaved in my absence, and I am appreciative of each of them as well.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog I think

TimberLove said...

good job mate,

Timber

24 Paws of Love said...

I can't imagine what that was like for you. I don't know what else to say. Glad the WDA was there for you.

meowmeowmans said...

That must have been very difficult for you. I can't even imagine. I do love that Sue's amazing legacy lives on in Paws To People, the WDA, and you. Sending love and all good thoughts.

Barbara said...

I'm sorry I was knee deep in homework and couldn't make it. Now that I realize it was your first, I feel like a lousy friend, too. Love to you.